What Are The Benefits Of Boarding A Loft For Storage?
Boarding a loft for storage can be a great way to maximize your living space and can offer several benefits, including:
- Increased storage space: Boarding your loft provides additional space to store items that would otherwise take up valuable living space.
- Easy access: By boarding your loft, you can create a stable platform that allows for easy and safe access to your stored items. This can be particularly useful if you have a lot of bulky or heavy items that you need to store.
- Protection of your possessions: Boarding your loft can protect your belongings from dust, damp, and other potential hazards. This can be especially important if you are storing valuable items such as antiques or electronics.
- Improved insulation: Boarding your loft can help to improve insulation in your home, which can help to reduce heat loss and lower your energy bills.
- Increased property value: A boarded loft can add value to your home, making it a more attractive proposition for potential buyers if you decide to sell your property in the future.
It’s worth noting that you should always ensure that your loft is properly boarded and that you take appropriate safety measures when accessing your stored items. If you’re not confident about doing the work yourself, it’s advisable to hire a professional to carry out the installation.
What Is The Difference Between Raised And Non Raised Loft Boarding?
The main difference between raised and non-raised loft boarding is the height at which the boarding is installed in the loft.
Non-raised loft boarding is installed directly on top of the existing loft joists, which are the horizontal beams that support the floor. This means that the loft boarding is flush with the height of the joists, and does not raise the floor level. Non-raised loft boarding is typically a more affordable option and can be suitable for lighter storage purposes.
Raised loft boarding, on the other hand, is installed on top of a sub frame that raises the floor level of the loft. This allows for additional insulation to be placed underneath the sub frame, which can improve energy efficiency in the home. Raised loft boarding is typically a more expensive option, but it can be more suitable for heavier storage purposes as it is stronger and more stable than non-raised boarding.
In summary, the main difference between raised and non-raised loft boarding is the height at which the boarding is installed, with raised loft boarding being installed on a sub frame to raise the floor level of the loft. The choice of which option to go for depends on the intended use and budget of the homeowner.
How Much Time Does It Take To Board A Loft?
The time it takes to board a loft can vary depending on a number of factors, including the size of the loft, the complexity of the job, and the skill level of the person performing the task.
In general, boarding a loft can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day or more. It may take longer if there are obstacles to work around or if additional materials are needed. It’s also important to note that boarding a loft involves several steps, including measuring, cutting, and fixing the boards in place, so each step can add to the overall time required.
If the loft is small and has easy access, a single person with experience can complete the job in a few hours. However, if the loft is large and has multiple rooms, or if there are obstacles such as pipes or ducts in the way, the job could take longer.
Overall, the time it takes to board a loft will vary depending on the specific circumstances, but it’s important to plan for enough time to complete the job properly.
Will Loft Boarding Really Increase The Value Of Your Home?
Yes! Loft boarding can potentially increase the value of your home, but the extent of the increase will depend on several factors, including the local property market, the quality of the loft boarding installation, and the demand for additional storage space in your area.
In general, a loft boarding installation that is well-executed and designed to provide additional storage space can make your home more attractive to potential buyers. This is because it increases the usable space in the property and can make the home feel more spacious and functional. Additionally, if the loft boarding is done in a way that is energy-efficient and improves the overall insulation of the property, this can also be a selling point.
Why Should I Hire A Professional Company To Board My Loft?
If you want to ensure that the job is done safely and efficiently, it’s a good idea to hire a professional. Here are some tips for hiring a professional to board your loft for storage:
- Research: Start by researching professionals who specialise in loft boarding. Look for reviews and ratings from previous customers to ensure that the professional has a good reputation
- Check credentials: Ask the professional for proof of insurance and any relevant certifications or qualifications. This will give you peace of mind that they are qualified to do the job safely and correctly.
- Discuss the job: Before hiring a professional, discuss the details of the job with them. Make sure they understand your requirements and are able to provide the services you need. Ask about their experience with loft boarding and any potential issues they foresee.
- Agree on a timeline: Once you’ve hired a professional, agree on a timeline for the job. Make sure they can complete the work within a reasonable time frame that works for you.
- Prepare the space: Before the professional arrives, make sure the space is clear of any obstructions and is accessible. This will help the professional work more efficiently and safely.
- Communicate: Throughout the job, communicate regularly with the professional to ensure everything is going according to plan. If any issues arise, address them promptly to avoid delays or additional costs.
By following these tips, you can ensure that the job of boarding your loft for storage is done safely, efficiently, and to your satisfaction.
Overall, hiring a professional Loft boarding company to board your loft can save you time and money. You will also have peace of mind knowing that the job will done properly.
We partner with a superb UK based Loft Boarding Company named Instaloft Ltd. Instaloft provide the highest of quality raised loft boarding! If you would like us to arrange a free no obligation quote to board your loft, send us an email: email@example.com